Saturday 23 August 2014

Bout of Books Update: Day 5

Bout of BooksA quick update of yesterday's progress:

Pages read: 87
Currently reading: Panic by Jeff Abbott and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Pages read in total: 686
Books completed: 2

I'm not completely hooked on 'Panic'. So far, the story is not losing me, and I feel that that might have a lot to do with the writing. The dialogue reads unrealistically, so I am constantly aware that I am reading and not living in the story. Hopefully it will pick up soon - or I will get used to it and be able to ignore it. I really do not feel like abandoning another book this year. Besides being a huge waste of money, it is time wasted on a book where there are millions out there I still would like to read in this life time.

I also picked up 'Brave New World' and just began skimming the first page to see if I was in the mood to read it, and the next thing I knew, I had finished chapter 2. I guess that is a yes! It does seem to be set in a very strange future though. Glad I don't live there.

Now to get back to the books.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment