Sunday 17 August 2014

Bout of Books 11.0 TBR

I can't believe this starts tomorrow! I feel so unprepared!

Well, maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration. I am quite prepared for the read-a-thon. Not toooo sure about how prepared I am as far as the rest of my life goes. So, with no further ado, here is my TBR for the Bout of Books read-a-thon.

My TBR 
1. Complete Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Let's face it. I am not abandoning this for a week. I am absolutely intrigued at the moment! I am loving what I think are a bunch of unreliable narrators. *crosses fingers that that is correct*





2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio

I have heard some really great things about this book. I can't wait to get into it. Plus, it is also a fairly thin book, so I am hoping that it will go quickly and make me feel as though I have achieved something.






3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

OK, so this isn't exactly the peanuts to my beer, the cheese to my wine. But, people out there love it, and as I can't recommend anything to the kids I teach without having read it first, this is taking one for the team. YA reads quickly, and who knows, maybe I will enjoy it. After all, The Mortal Instruments didn't exactly have me gouging my eyes out - just groaning on occasion.



OR

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (if there is time)

I read book one over the holiday. It was OK. I'm not too sure what everyone is raving about. It was OK.  But I got book 2 when I bought book 1, so I might as well read it. If you are a fan of the series, I would love to know what I am missing.






4. Finish The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Steven Baxter

This book has been haunting me since the Booktube-a-thon. Yup. I should be embarrassed. I am really struggling with it, so I don't want to officially put it on my TBR for any read-a-thon. But, should the desire arise, I can finish it - I just have to put my mind to it.





This is a rather timid list compared to what I have seen from other readers, but let's be realistic here. I get up in the morning at 6am to go to work; I work until 2pm; I come home and work until some time between midnight and 2am. Wash, rinse, repeat. If I usually finish one book a week, it has been a GREAT week. My 3 or 4 book list here is highly OVER optimistic. Should some Tardis navigating hero, or a Time-Turner bearing wizard arrive on my doorstep, then maybe I can get through these AND add to it from my ever-growing TBR pile.

Happy Reading everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy Gone Girl as much as I did. I can't say that I liked any of the characters yet I couldn't put the book down. I hope that you have a great read-a-thon filled with good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a great read-a-thon too!

      You are so right about 'Gone Girl'. I cannot put the book down! The characters are really unlikeable, but I think that might be for the better. For starters, I am not stressing about a good person going through something dreadful (this is great for blood pressure, I believe); and it makes the characters seem a lot more believable. :D

      All the best for the read-a-thon!

      Delete