Friday 22 August 2014

Bout of Books: Day 4 update

Bout of Books

Yesterday: Now this is what I call a super day's reading!

I started and finished reading 'Wonder' by R.J. Palacio. You can read my review here, if you are interested.

So! This leaves today's stats at:
Pages read on day 4: 315
Total pages read: 599 (I would have read one more page of anything if I had seen that last night.)
Books completed: 2



Well, today is now Friday, so hopefully that means I can get a lot of reading in for the next 2 days. I am really enjoying this!

I'm not too sure what I am going to read next though. The TBR I put together for this just - well - seems like a disappointment after the books I have read and finished this week.

I did some retail therapy today (this means I either upgraded some technology or I bought a book - I bought 3 books! :D ) so I have one more to choose from:


I think I heard about this on BookTube but I won't swear on it - I have heard about so many books on BookTube that they all are starting to fuzz into one.

The synopsis seems intriguing although the Goodreads ratings are quite low. It has 3.45 stars but only 2336 ratings.

I am very tempted to read this one though, as I am not really in the mood for YA (I have had Young Adults up to here today *points at a spot near the ceiling*.)


I bet you are asking what else I bought since I only have one option for the readathon and I purchased 3. Well, I got a beautiful copy of "The Divine Comedy" and then a volume of Sherlock Holmes long stories to match the copy of the collection of short stories I already have. (I read them all between Primary and High School and owned old bashed up second hand copies that I got in a book exchange yeeeeears ago. It is so nice to have beautiful, hardcover copies on my shelf now.)

Hope Bout of Books is going well for everyone out there.
Happy reading!
3.45 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment