Tuesday 19 August 2014

Book Spine Poetry Time! courtesy of Bout of Books 11.0

I have never taken part in any challenges in any read-a-thon before, so here is to something new! It was actually loads of fun putting this together and seeing the product grow and develop into its completed state. I am quite proud of the outcome, even though it is a little morbid. But then I am reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, so morbid is definitely a way to describe the atmosphere around here - well, morbid and intrigued! I can't wait to see how this story ends.

But I am wasting time here prattling on about my reading (especially since I should be reading - and now I have to pack books away on top of it!!!). I will give an update post for day 2 in 2 hours (midnight my time). In the mean while, here is the picture of my book spine poetry! (You an find the post of the original challenge here.)


Gone (!) Girl
and
A Wanted Man,
Tomorrow When the War Began.

A Lion Among Men
becomes 
A Feast for Crows
and the
Reaper Man
Beyond the Shadows.

Worth Dying For
Monsters of Men,
On the Road
to
Oblivion?



I would love to call this 'The Fault in Our Tzars' but that wouldn't be allowed, I don't think. But nonetheless, it is my poetic commentary on war.

Just some admin on this. I used 11 books and only claimed 5 free words (and, becomes, and, the, to). I don't know if the exclamation mark I used to break the title Gone Girl is allowed (may I use my 6 remaining free words please! I like it there!). If it isn't, just ignore it. It doesn't really change much at all.

Oh well. I have 2 hours of reading to go for the day. I suppose I should get started!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! Look at all of those books. WOW! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit that I loved every second of doing that challenge!

      Delete