Monday 25 August 2014

Bout of Books 11: Final Update

And it is finished.
Bout of Books

I need to get back to work so I am going to make this quick. Maybe over the weekend, I will put together a more thorough review of what happened.

Pages read on day 7: 151
Overall pages read: 1070
My goal was 1050 so I am very happy with that.

Total books completed: 3
I am also halfway through a 4th book.


 So much for my TBR. I only touched 50% of it.

This week showed me that I can fit in more time for reading than I normally do in a week. Granted, there were things that I neglected to do for work, but it didn't cause any problems. I am going to give a good effort at trying to read at least 700 pages a week from now on. (I usually do all my reading over school holidays, and wade slowly through books during the term.)


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week in reading to me!! I'm looking to the next round of Bout of Books in January!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I have a life-consuming job, and this week made me actually take some time for myself. I really enjoyed getting through so many books. I have never read that many in a week during school term ever!

      I will see you in January (or maybe a bit before then too)!

      Delete
    2. Did you enjoy Gone Girl? I read it for BOB as well and loved it!
      www.smalltownsidewalk.weebly.com

      Delete
    3. I really did! I thoroughly enjoyed the unreliable narrators. They stopped the book from becoming a regular 'solve it in the first few chapters' crime novel. It was a new angle for me.

      Delete