Saturday 9 August 2014

Bout of Books 11

Yes, yes. I know. I didn't post the end of the Book Tube-a-thon results. I can explain, I promise. Everything went great up until day 6, where I got a call from my brother and sister-in-law saying they were coming the following day to visit for a week. Enqueue major rearranging of house as the guest room had to be 'de-storeroomified'. I actually managed to stay pretty much on track on day 6 even though chaos had definitely arrived. But alas, day 7 was an ultimate write off. One can't honestly get away with the excuse of a readathon when family one hasn't seen in almost a year decide to pop in. I still managed to read 6 books though and cleared the 2100 page mark quite well. But - I could have finished the 7th book. Oh well.

This brings me to the Bout of Books read-a-thon. I have no idea how successful this one will be - some of us actually have to work for a living, and unfortunately my holidays are long over by this point. But reading gives me pleasure, and perhaps having a few reasonable goals to reach for a week will get me away from slaving in front of the pc until the early hours of the morning and have me reading instead. After all, there is an expression warning 'Jack' about becoming a dull boy for a reason.

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

No comments:

Post a Comment