Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

Done and loving it!

Percy is back! Can you hear how thrilled I am? The story starts in the middle of the action, with Percy Jackson not knowing anything about himself except for his name. Sound familiar? It should after reading The Lost Hero. Anyway, I am not going into the synopsis at all on this one. It will, one way or another spoil book one if you happen to be part of the minority who haven't read it. All I will say is: action, action quest, action action action... while learning backstory on characters.

The new characters that were introduced were interesting. Hazel's backstory, in particular, was unexpected and intriguing. Although, having said that, Frank was an interesting mystery too.

Once again, I am going to say that these books would probably be very well suited to a younger reader. They have lots of general knowledge in them, are fast paced and I absolutely adore Riordan's sense of humour. . Having said that though, I found I was getting impatient for them to get on with their quest. All the detours along the way, while necessary to the plot, started to feel like detours. I suppose I felt that way because I am wanting to know what happens at the end of the series and not just curious about each book.

Over all, another enjoyable read.
Rating: 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment