Sunday 4 January 2015

Bout of Books 12

Bout of Books
It is probably a good idea to kick the new year into go by doing a readathon. I had great luck with the bout of books readathon last year, so I figure I would join it again this year!

I have no definite plans on what I am going to read yet, but I am going to get stuck into my TBR pile. I have tons of books there that I would like to read - in fact there are so many that I would like to read that I don't know where to start!

Actually, I know where I am going to start. I received Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz for Xmas, and I can't wait to read it. I thoroughly loved The House of Silk, Horowitz's first Holmes novel. Anthony Horowitz is a prolific writer, not only of books, but of screenplays for British TV too. He wrote Agatha Christie's Poirot, Midsomer Murders and Foyle's War to name a few. And then there are the Alex Rider books which I absolutely adored. (Don't watch the movie! Although Alex Pettyfer is great, the movie was written for a younger audience and the darkness of the books was not conveyed. What was absolutely disappointing was that these changes were a requirement to have the film distributed in America - something that eventually did not happen. The movie Horowitz wanted to make, and the movie I would have almost-killed to see, never happened. Such a disappointment as they had such an amazing cast... But I will leave the whining there.)

Chances are very good that I will try and finish the The Heroes of Olympus series. I have managed to get my hands on the second book, The Son of Neptune, and already have The Mark of Athena and The House of Hades. That will clear some books from my TBR pile.

Well, I do not know how far I will get during the readathon, but as I am still on holiday, there is a good chance I will have a successful week. On the other hand, I was supposed to plan and build my new ceiling-to-floor, wall-to-wall bookcase!!! Hmmm.... Choices choices.


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

No comments:

Post a Comment