Thursday 15 January 2015

2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge!

2015TBR
I have decided to join the 2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge. It isn't really because my TBR pile is completely worrying. It is just has some potential to get that way. I seem to be buying more than I am reading - because, let's face it, it is a lot faster to walk through a bookshop picking up reads than it is to sit and read them. I usually am not worried about the state of my TBR pile. I like it to be fairly big because that is where I choose my next read from. But I am noticing that some books are staying on the 'pile' while others move off it much faster. I would like to get to those harder to move books and start clearing them out.

I am not quite sure which level I will be aiming for. It is somewhere between '31-40 Sweet Summer Fling', or '41-50 Could This Be Love?' We'll see how the year goes. So far it is promising late nights working and days filled with greying-hair level stress. All the more reason to bury my nose in a book right!

This is my mostly-complete TBR pile. Why only mostly-complete, you ask? Well, I have only put the first books of series on it where I usually own more than one, and there are some books that I have missed adding (generally because I am so stoked to get my new treasures home and put them in their places on my bookshelves that I forget to put them in Goodreads and then got stuck trying to sort through the whole thing).

So what to start with? I am cheating a bit here and selecting one that isn't on the procrastination side of the TBR pile, The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith a.k.a. J.K. Rowling. It isn't really cheating though. It is on the pile! And besides, it is nearing the end of my holiday and I plan on enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment