Monday 12 January 2015

The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Is it really cheating to review the last three books in one post? I think not. It is going to be rather repetitive saying "Well, there isn't much to say on a book quite far into a series," three times. So I am only going to say it once.

Well, there isn't much to say on a book far into a series. It will spoil what has come before. Besides, reading the books before these will be more likely to get you to read the books than anything I can say or do here.

Overall, I really like the educational value of these books. Riordan had so much info about Greek and Roman mythology. It was fun, easy learning - the best type of learning. Riordan has a great sense of humour and definitely knows how to keep the action going. Exactly what works with young teens.

I did find that the books would get repetitive at times, where Riordan would have a character saying or thinking the same thing s/he had said or thought a dozen times already. Maybe I am being harsh, but I tend to find myself rolling my eyes in irritation when that happens. Maybe it is done for slower readers who don't fly through the entire series of 2743 pages in a week and a day.

Oh, and in case you happened to read my post on The Lost Hero, I did end up liking Piper. She turned out to have a pretty strong character after all. Go girl power!

I gave each book in the series 4 stars. If I was in my early teens, it would have been 5 stars. At my age though, teen romance is ... well ... annoying, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment