Thursday 14 May 2015

Bout of Books update Day 3

Bout of BooksBeing an adult sucks. I thought about using that word, 'sucks', but there is no other word that I can think of that quite captures the slurping, gloopy connotation of 'sucks'. So I am sticking with it. Because that is exactly the feeling I have had this week as I admire my TBR pile from my computer and then head back to work instead.

But it is not completely terrible. Here is what I have completed so far:
The Golem and the Djinni by Helene Wecker. I think I had about 50 pages to go to the end on Monday. Yay!
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This was finished on Tuesday. I had 32 pages to go. This is a brilliant book, and every year that I read it, it gets better and better.
I also managed to set the literature exams for grades 10 through 12. The memos alone for each exam are 25 pages each. (Now that is impressive, let me just say that.)

I have since started:
Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman. I am 76 pages in so far of actually stories, but I waded though the introduction too. It was really interesting!

So that means I have read 158 pages so far. It is quite a lot considering how much work I am juggling along with reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment