Tuesday 3 January 2017

Passenger to Frankfurt by Agatha Christie (2016 review catch ups)

The synopsis of this book sounded intriguing. A man wakes up after being drugged in an airport, to find his passport stolen. He meets a woman who begs him to save her life. On returning home, he encounters two attempts on his life. Just that alone had me eager to pick this up. Oh... how disappointment can creep up on one.

Passenger to Frankfurt was not my favourite book of the year by a long shot. I think one problem was that it did not stand up to the test of time. There were parts where I was rolling my eyes, and I think that the majority of the problems were that modern technology and medical and scientific developments (and the fact that my brother is a clinical psychologist and that I work with counselling psychologists) just made huge chunks of this unbelievable.

Then there was the point where the plot was lost. The first third or so of the book was interesting. We followed the man from the airport as he hunted for this woman, only for the story to head off on a tangent where the two of them hardly feature. And that tangent is the rest of the book.

I can't think of anyone who I dislike enough to make read this, just as I can't think of a person who would want to read this. Folks who want to say they have read all of Christie?

No comments:

Post a Comment