Sunday 3 January 2016

Bout of Books 15!

Bout of BooksI almost forgot!

I'm in holiday mode, and to be honest, I do not know what day of the week it is, let alone the date; both signs that the holiday vibe has truly set in. This also means that the Bout of Books readathon has great timing. There will be loads of time for reading! It is also a great opportunity to start off this year's reading challenge. (I have been marathoning Masterchef... This year I have read about 20 pages. Great start!)

So, plans. What to read? Good question. I am about a third of the way through 3 books at the moment, so I guess I will aim to finish those. They are The Accidental by Ali Smith. I put it aside because it is in the mid 30s (Celsius) here and my brain has melted. A Slip of the Keyboard by Terry Pratchett is the book my mom gave me for Christmas. I am finding it very enjoyable. I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes is proving to be a gripping read. Although over 900 pages, it is actually going quickly - so far at least.


If I get through those, then I have a huge selection from my shelves to choose from. (While working out my reading goals for 2016 I had a tiny moment of heart failure when I realised just how many books were on my TBR pile. I never usually worry about how big or small it is - but I have acknowledged that I really need to make sure that I read more than I buy.)

Anyone else planning on doing Bout of Books? Good luck if you are. May your pages turn quickly and may the interruptions be few and far between.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 15 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

No comments:

Post a Comment