Thursday 7 January 2016

Bout of Books 15 Update Day 3

Bout of BooksAnd the magnificent reading spree... wait for it... comes to an end. I am so close to DNFing the book I am reading. Logic and a bit of common sense! It is needed.

To continue my goal to get my TBR pile to a reasonable number, I decided to pick up The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancy. It is the sequel to The Fifth Wave, which I read back in 2014. Meet problem one. I could not remember enough to just power through. Problem two? I might not be a science major, but I know when someone has wrapped up some crap and is trying to present it as an interesting angle. Anyway, I got about 100 pages from the end, but I could not justify staying up to finish it. Meh.

Plans for the day:
Get the shopping over and done with early.
I suppose I will power through The Infinite Sea this morning because there really isn't much to go and it is reading quickly.
Pick up something else to read, read, read.

Day 3 stats:
Books read: 0.5 (total 2.5)
Pages read: 197 (total: 1058)
Currently slogging through: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancy


No comments:

Post a Comment