Saturday 9 January 2016

Bout of Books 15 Update Day 4 & 5

Bout of Books
Day 4


What a wonderful day. We had summer rain the whole day, and it took the edge of the heat wave that has been blasting us for the past two weeks. I decided to take the opportunity (after reading The Infinite Sea) to finish The Accidental, as the change in weather meant my brain had an opportunity to be a bit more than melted sludge dripping from my ear.

Day 4 stats:
Books completed: 1.8 The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancy and everything except the last 50 pages of The Accidental by Ali Smith (total 3.8)
Pages read: 252 (total: 1310)

Day 5

With my holiday nearing its end, my mom and I had a girls day out, which meant there was not much time for reading. When we got home, we decided to have a braai (barbeque). The weather was too good to spend indoors: the sky was freshly scrubbed from the rain the previous day and although the sun was out, it wasn't scorching. Just a glorious day. Anyway, I started Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Hmmm... I don't know whether it is funny or just completely stupid. I know I am not enjoying it too much.

Day 5 stats:
Books completed: 1 The Accidental by Ali Smith (total: 4)
Pages read: 167 (total: 1477)
Currently reading: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Plans for the day:
Finish reading P&P&Z as quickly as possible. Maybe find something more up my aisle to read afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment