Sunday 9 August 2015

Bout of Books 14

Bout of BooksIt is Bout of Books time again. Again the timing is not quite ideal although it is way better than it was last time!

So what are my plans?
I am not sure. My goal for the month is to read only female authors. The only ever so slight problem is that the books I have planned for the month (they are the books in my TBR) are rather big and heavy. Not quite the perfect reads for a readathon. But then, I don't think I am quite aiming to read a gazillion books in seven days (although that would be nice... Ahhh, guilt-free book shopping!)

I think my goal is to be to just take advantage of free time and read like crazy (the basic readathon goal) and maybe it will help get me through the list of female writers that I have been dying to read a little faster than if I were left to my own devices (my own devices is procrastination with loads of booktube videos and paging through Goodreads).

Without wanting to repeat my August TBR, here are the books I would like to get through. I am putting a load of them up here, as I don't how far I would have progressed by the time Bout of Books begins, nor what I will be in the mood for when it does start.


 

 This is highly ambitious, even for a month. But right now, I have no idea what mood I will be in.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Good luck to all other participants! I wish you a productive and enjoyable week of magic, mayhem and happy endings (if that is your thing. You are more than welcome to cry over the ending if you prefer!).

2 comments:

  1. Quite an interesting list! Best of luck this B.O.B! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I must admit that the majority of female authors on my TBR pile were left there for so long because they were a bit on the heavy side. My head is already calling for a break. Oh well. I'm going to see if The Bone Season is perhaps a bit lighter.

      Good luck for your readathon!

      Delete