Sunday 5 July 2015

Favourites for the First Half of 2015!

I have read some brilliant books this year so far. I thought I would be highly unoriginal and give a quick overview of the best (according to me).


 Winger is a good book for teen readers. I really enjoyed this, once I figured out how to ignore the main character's over-sexed imagination. Moriarty: the one book that completely and utterly had me stumped. It beat me. At least I am not in bad company on that one. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (and the remained of the series) are gripping thrillers. The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency is a beautifully written series capturing the lives of some people in Botswana. Beautiful in its writing and wisdom, this is a good series for folks who would like to read a book(s) set somewhere besides the USA or UK.


 The Perks of Being a Wallflower is also a good read for teens. It would probably suit teens older than Winger's crowd. The themes are similar in some respects, but Perks covers a lot more. Good read, good book, good thoughts. Dark Places is another gripping read from Gillian Flynn. If you like thrilling stories, then this one is for you. Hell, the pages practically turn themselves! World War Z was amazing. It is not your average zombie apocalypse novel, but a political and social commentary on different countries all over the world. Enlightening and definitely food for thought. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making is beautifully written. The plot keeps the pages turning, but there are some beautiful lines that I just got stuck on so that I could reread them.


 My two favourites for the year so far! Room was such a well planned book. The theme of this novel could have made this the darkest and freakiest and most unpleasant book to read, yet the narrator completely sold it with his innocence. I loved this one. 2am at The Cat's Pajamas was beautifully written. I loved the style of the story and I loved the story. I was still glowing the day after having read it!

Here is to hoping the 2nd half of 2015 is just as successful!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's confirmed - we have the same taste in books!! I haven't heard of 2am at the cat's pajamas, I'll have to go and look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it is! I have been admiring your books for a while now! :D

      Happy reading for the 2nd half of 2015!

      Delete