Sunday 11 January 2015

Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz

Never in my life have I ever got the plot of a story so wrong.

How on earth does one review a book without saying anything about the book? That is the problem that faces me now. You see, this was a great read. But, to really enjoy it, it is best going into it completely blind. So I am not going to say anything about the story. At all. So what else is there to talk about?

The cover is beautiful. It doesn't show in the picture. Firstly, it has that slightly oiled leather feel to it. Then there is the water, the bubbles rising clearly from the Reichenbach Falls. The font is gorgeous and lifted in a light-catching silver. It looks great on my shelf, gleaming at me, telling me that it is the first book that has ever so completely beaten me.

So how do you know whether you will enjoy this or not? If you enjoy the original Sherlock Holmes stories, if you enjoy deductively solving crimes, if you enjoy old British stories, then this could be the book for you. If you don't, well, then possibly it isn't.

I gave this a 4.5 star rating on Goodreads. It might be bumped up to a 5 star rating, but I am still processing parts.

There had better be another book.

No comments:

Post a Comment